POSTING DATE: January 29, 2024
POSTING NUMBER: 2024-004
POSITION: Mental Health Worker
Ongoing Casual (until return on incumbent)
UNION: HEU – MPA Certification
PROGRAM: Skyline Lodge
SALARY RANGE: Grid 34: $30.64 – $32.31
HOURS OF PAY: 15 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Tuesday and Thursday: 1500 hrs to 2300 hrs
START DATE: February 13, 2024
- All candidates subject to a criminal record check.
- Qualifications and job description attached.
Please apply online by following the link: https://mpa-society.scouterecruit.net/jobs/2024004
Internal applicants no later than 5:00pm on Monday, February 6, 2024.
Classification Benchmark: Support Worker 2
Grid Level: Grid 34
Collective Agreement: Community Subsector Association
Reports To: Nurse Manager
The Mental Health Worker must have the personality, temperament and competence to work with residents in a licensed care environment. The incumbent should be well motivated and have the ability to motivate others. This position requires shift work and under direction assists residents with activities of daily living and generally does role modeling in a manner that will maintain and respect the spirit, dignity and individuality of others. Care for residents and the facility comes under the supervision of the Nurse Manager.
Functions & Responsibilities
While other duties may be assigned, main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Under direction, to assists members with activities of daily living.
- Recommend and participate in developing meaningful, realistic and measurable individual care plans.
- To assess, monitor and record members’ needs and progress on a daily basis and/or as needed.
- Encourage an atmosphere of independence, self-reliance and mutual accord by role modeling, teaching and training. Areas to be addressed are daily life skills, money management, making and keeping appointments and other related duties as they arise.
- To plan, implement and evaluate social and recreational programs in the facility and encouraging participation in the community events as directed.
- Administer medications and treatments in accordance with the Pharmacy Policies, standards and philosophy. Assess impact of medications by documenting impressions.
- Ensure safety in the workplace in accordance with WorksafeBC standards and regulations.
- Assist with orientation of new staff and members.
- Assist residents and co-workers with house cleaning on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals in accordance with Food Safe Standards and weekly posted menu. Monitor food supplies by listing needed items and rotating supplies.
- Perform yard maintenance by raking and bagging leaves, shoveling snow and salting sidewalks as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representing the knowledge, skills and ability needed.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Mental Health Worker Certificate from a recognized college/university in social/behavioral science.
- Food Hygiene Certificate/Community Care Food Handlers Certificate
- Two years related experience
- Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Current Driver’s License
- Medical Certification of capability of carrying out assigned duties
- Compliance with the TB immunization program of the Ministry of Health
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspond proficiently.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.