Contract Position until March 2025 with a possibility of extension
The primary role of the Seniors’ Volunteer Supervisor is to work with the BNH seniors and
volunteer teams to provide administrative support and to supervise the seniors’ program
volunteers at the Burnaby Neighbourhood House. The position of the Supervisor requires
an adaptable, organized, and experienced person who is committed to building positive
relationships with volunteers.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ To support the recruitment and intake process of volunteers in seniors’ programs
▪ To assist with administrative duties such as maintaining the volunteer database,
intake forms, reference checks, and creating a system to track the application
process for each applicant.
▪ To schedule volunteers for upcoming orientations and lead training sessions at the
▪ To create a space that welcomes seniors of diverse backgrounds and abilities
▪ To promote Neighbourhood House program philosophy by ensuring programs
have the opportunities to interconnect and achieve participant integration across
▪ To assist with organizing senior volunteers for set up and take down at
▪ To support and supervise senior volunteers during events and special projects
▪ To work in cooperation with the volunteer and seniors teams to implement and
▪ To work with and provide leadership to senior peer volunteers, including special
projects outside the organization. E.g. Senior Information Fairs, Street Festivals
▪ To participate in regular staff meetings and training sessions as required.
▪ To perform other duties as required.
1. Degree or diploma in social service, business administration, non-profit
management, community development or equivalent work/education experience
2. Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism.
3. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
4. 1-2 years administrative experience.
5. Demonstrated experience with technology including database management and
experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint).
6. 1-2 years event planning/coordination experience.
7. Current 1st Aid and CPR certification.
8. Current criminal record search.
9. Second language (an asset).
10. Food safe certificate (an asset).
11. May include evening and weekend
BIPOC and 2SLGBTQIA+ candidates are encouraged to apply
Hours of Work & Rate of Pay:
The Volunteer Supervisor will work 20 hours a week (5-hour days). The wage is $22.04.
The Volunteer Supervisor reports to and is supported by the Manager of Volunteers and
Community Programs. The Supervisor will be required to work across BNH Office sites.
Closing date: until position is filled
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!