Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: Varied days Monday thru Sunday, minimum 1 evening per week & minimum 1 weekend per month, on-call rotation
Compensation: $28- $32/Hour
Vegreville All programs (Floater)
In Vegreville, WJS Canada provides home-based programs and community supports for individuals with developmental disabilities or an acquired brain injury, as well as, addiction, complex mental health needs and high behaviours.
Through community living and life skill coaching, our highly skilled team encourage inclusion, harm reduction and participation to become active and involved in their communities.
This Permanent full-time floater position supports the management team in all programs, as needed, with administrative tasks, hiring, training, scheduling and supervising front-line Disability Services Workers ensuring WJS Canada's commitment to delivering high quality client supports, following Individual Service Plans, and working directly with the clients and their families/care teams to develop a safe/goal-oriented program.
• Must have good shift availability to work flexible hours, as well as, on-call hours.
• Some travel between programs (with in the city) may be required.
• The Team Leader reports to the Program Director.
In Your Role You Will
• Work various days throughout the week, including a minimum 1 evening shift/week
AND 1 weekend shift/month
• Work 20 hours front line supports with client(s) and 20 hours of administration every week.
• Hire, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate Disability Services program staff
• Manage daily program operations (facilities, equipment and staffing)
• Review/approve daily log notes, incidents reports, time sheets and other payroll documents
• Develop/monitor Individual Service Plans (ISPs)
• Staff discipline and performance improvement plans, in association with Program Director
• Participate on the behaviour review committee and coordinating case conferences
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• 5+ years working with persons with high behaviors, acquired brain injury, etc
• 2 years supervisory/management experience
• Diploma in Disabilities Studies, Degree in related Social Work, Human Services, Special Education, Nursing, etc.
• Valid class 5 driver license, acceptable driver abstract and reliable vehicle
• Experience writing and implementing program plans and goals is an asset
Not sure you meet the requirements? We may be able to consider diverse combinations of skills, education and experience, so please apply.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada provides social services to persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth, offenders and adults recovering from an acquired brain injury; who aspire to live in and contribute to their community.
Our Employees Enjoy
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer!
• A fair and equitable wage
• Matching RRSP plan for eligible employees
• Staff training and opportunities to learn/work in a wide array of programs
• Empowering balance of independence and supervision
• Best practices in programming and innovative care
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!