Provincial Office, Abbotsford
Working at Bethesda has helped me grow in faith, given me so many wonderful new relationships and really empowers and inspires me to do my very best.
-Bethesda staff comment
At Bethesda, we are about creating community among the people we support, our staff, and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? The Manager of Employee Health and Wellness position may be the next step in your journey.
As the Manager of Employee Health and Wellness, you will report to the chief human resources officer to ensure that organizational strategies are aligned with occupational health and safety initiatives and employee wellness. In return, you will create a vibrant workplace safety culture where employees are engaged and heard.
- Occupational Health and Safety Program Oversight
- Lead Bethesda’s occupational health and safety (OHS) program, including ensuring regulatory compliance, developing/maintaining policies and documentation, and leading OHS initiatives.
- Chair the Joint Occupational Health and Safety committee.
- Ensure effective data collection and reporting.
- Monitor OHS program requirements, including regular reviews of safety committee data and conducting annual internal audits.
- Ensure current and appropriate OHS training, including monitoring completion and supporting follow-up.
- Employee Incidents and Disability Management
- Provide administrative and supervisory support to disability management and return-to-work process.
- Review employee incidents and provide follow-up as needed, including consultation and investigation support.
- Employee Benefits
- Provide administrative and supervisory support to benefit programs, including group benefits, employee family assistance program and employee perks.
- Staff Recognition, Engagement, and Wellness
- Develop and support staff recognition, engagement, and wellness initiatives and events.
- Provide consultation and support for staff newsletters and annual satisfaction surveys.
- Manager Support
- Provide training, consultation, and support to managers with OHS requirements, employee incidents, investigations, and return-to-work.
- Support employee engagement and wellness initiatives.
- A heart to support the mission of Bethesda to people with diverse abilities.
- Related experience and/or education in any of the following: quality assurance, occupational health and safety, HR management, disability management/benefits administration, policy and regulation.
- Post-secondary degree is preferred.
- Proven leadership experience preferred.
- CPHR designation and/or relevant HR training/experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and implementation skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative, and maturity.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with finances/numbers.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and ability to teach or train
- Possession of Canadian, landed immigrant or legal working status.
- Agreement and personal commitment to Bethesda’s Statement of Faith & Community Good Neighbor Focus.
- Standard requirements (criminal record check, medical clearance, ICBC driving record).
- A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with diverse abilities.
- Full COVID-19 immunization.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Hiring bonus: $100 at time of hire, another $200 after 1 year of continuous employment and completion of all job requirements.
- Competitive salary: $72,800-$75,920.
- Excellent extended benefits package.
- 3 weeks vacation to start.
- Ongoing training and leadership professional development
- Hybrid work arrangements may be considered.
We are welcoming applicants who desire to lead occupational health and safety systems and initiatives that value employee well-being. This position is ideal for a well-organized, mature professional who has a heart for serving.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service. To learn more, visit www.bethesdabc.com.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: February 21, 2024