PoMoArts is seeking a creative, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic individual with knowledge of social media best practices. Shadowing the Marketing Coordinator, this role will support the development, implementation and evaluation of communications, marketing and digital engagement strategies for our arts education programs, initiatives, and exhibitions. The Marketing Assistant will play an integral role in the development and production of all visual, written and digital communications materials to ensure that PoMoArts key messages and public facing image are consistently integrated across multiple channels of communication. They will also work on several project-based assignments creating original digital and video content to promote specific events, programs, and exhibitions, engage audiences and extend our social media reach, particularly with diverse communities in the city.
The Marketing Assistant position and its duration are subject to funding approval through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
About the PoMoArts
PoMoArts, the Port Moody Arts Centre Society, is a not-for-profit community-arts organization that creates art experiences to engage, challenge, and awaken opportunities for connection. We provide art education, exhibitions, and community art experiences in the City of the Arts with various partners and artists each year.
We are supported by a thriving community of artists, volunteers, donors, businesses, associations, and decision-makers. We are an arts centre run primarily by artists, committed to developing, promoting, and celebrating meaningful arts experiences in Port Moody. We offer a full range of visual, ceramic, fibre, media, performing arts and music programs for people of all ages and experience levels. We curate exhibitions of local and regional artists, emerging and established. We create meaningful community art experiences with our partners that explore social issues, lift voices of those less heard, and support community dialogue.
Working closely and collaboratively with the Marketing Coordinator, the Marketing Assistant will:
- Assist in developing and implementing digital strategies for promoting PoMoArts as a public facility and cultural attraction, including communications, marketing, and social media campaigns for art exhibitions, art classes, arts education, summer camps and related events scheduled for the summer
- Act as a PoMoArts advocate and champion for the arts and artists in our community
- Create content, generate ideas, and support campaigns for e-newsletters and social media channels to connect with audiences, raise awareness around the arts in the community, and promote PoMoArts programs
- Create and produce videos for the PoMoArts social media platforms, including Instagram and Facebook Stories and Reels and YouTube Channel
- Assist in maintaining the PoMoArts current website and our Google Business profile
- Gather, date, and produce digital metrics reports from our social media channels
- Ensure best practices and brand identity standards are followed
- Assist with in-house printing of all relevant print materials
- Assist in physically moving, installing, removing, and maintaining all PoMoArts signages and printed marketing materials inside and outside of the building
- Post-secondary education or demonstrated experience in digital media, marketing, event marketing, communications, graphic design, or a related field
- Have a strong interest in arts, culture, community, and public engagement and/or digital and social media
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing and social media platforms, tools, and analytics
- Highly effective communication skills, spoken and written, with the ability to create fun, engaging, and impactful social copy
- The ability to take photos and video of the visiting public, students, and instructors by using an engaging and courteous approach
- Creative thinker with an aptitude for creating content, developing strategies, and generating new ways to engage online audiences
- Critical eye and strong attention to detail, with an eye for consistency across multiple projects
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong organization and time management skills with the proven ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and standard desktop applications; experience using online platforms and tools such as Meta Business Suite, Canva, Google Analytics, and Content Management Systems strongly considered an asset
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and HTML coding as an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends as required for community events and exhibition openings
- Second language skills are considered an asset
- This position requires the completion of a successful criminal background check prior to commencing employment
Other Eligibility Requirements for the Canada Summer Jobs Program:
- Must be between 19 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
This a full-time (35 hours/week) 16-week youth employment opportunity scheduled to take place from May 6 – August 23, 2024. The position and its duration are conditional upon Canada Summer Jobs funding.