About Shelter Movers:
Shelter Movers is a national, volunteer-powered charitable organization providing moving and storage services at no cost to individuals and families fleeing abuse. We collaborate with local businesses and community agencies to support people, primarily women and children, as they transition to a life free of violence.
The Recruitment Supervisor oversees the Intake Coordination process by supervising and supporting the Intake Coordinators with gathering information from referring agencies in response to move requests.
- Provide ongoing support to all Intake Coordinators and Lead Intake Coordinators, i.e. be available to answer any questions/ troubleshoot issues;
- Oversee the monthly Intake Calendar to ensure sufficient coverage;
- Review the Intake Log on a daily basis to ensure: proper response time, thoroughness with responses to the intake form (particularly the list of belongings and safety information), and that flexibility around move date was requested;
- When a move has completed the Intake process, copy and paste the move row into Ongoing Moves and assign the move to Move Coordinators who is available;
- Provide regular updates to all Intake Coordinators within the Intake Slack channel and check in to confirm all aspects of the coordination are going smoothly;
- Train and onboard new Intake Coordinators accordingly;
- Provide coverage as a backup Intake Coordinator when necessary;
- Maintain rapport with current referral agencies, including transition houses, community-based agencies, Police Victim Services units.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of Shelter Movers’ policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to remain calm during with potentially stressful situations.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and provide trauma-informed care to clients.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
The Ideal Supervisor will have:
- A passion for Shelter Movers’ mission of supporting women and children fleeing violence and abuse.
- Tact, discretion, high maturity level and good judgement.
- Ability to protect client confidentiality.
- Patience, empathy, and active listening skills
- Awareness of appropriate boundaries, compassion fatigue, and self-care.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- No previous education is required.
- A long-term interest in the Violence Against Women (VAW) sector an asset.
- Ability to speak additional languages an asset.
- Previous volunteering experience in the Intake team or with Shelter Movers a strong asset.
Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete an interview process, sign a confidentiality agreement, complete and pass a police reference check, and attend a Trauma-Informed Care Orientation session. Volunteer Services Engagement Coordinators will be completing additional role-specific training.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!