Marketing Specialist (Communications & Social Media) - Volunteer Position
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Duration: Current date to TBD
Hours: Flexible, Part-Time (work from home)
Gifted People Services is a registered non-profit organization serving families with children with special needs. We are looking for volunteers to fill the position of Marketing Specialist who will assist our Program organization with various marketing related activities, mainly managing our online presence (social media, web page), and creating promotional materials.
If you are a bold, self-motivated person with excellent communication skills and are looking to grow in experience in marketing, then this is the position for you!
This is an ideal opportunity for fresh graduates looking to gain professional experience or high school students looking to obtain community service hours and be get trained early on towards a successful career. This experience can assists you as you work towards career goals in fields such as marketing, public relations, communication and social media.
- Creating and editing content for the new website;
- Creating and managing social media accounts;
- Proofreading and editing materials, grant applications and other documents as required;
- Corresponding with educational institutions regarding fundraising initiatives;
- Assisting in the preparation of marketing materials, which include promotional brochures, press releases and newsletters.
- Comfortable using and learning new technologies, specifically web-based ones;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Strong proofreading and grammar skills;
- Fluent with Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Working knowledge of social media platforms;
- Recent university graduate, preferably with a background in marketing, communications or Liberal Arts/English;
- Creativity and team player attitude is a must;
- Ability to work individually and self-motivated;
- Well built skills in organization, prioritization and time management.
This is a volunteer position. Volunteers will have the possibility of further being employed with Gifted People Services as paid positions open up. A reference letter will be provided at the end of volunteership as well as a professional reference for your resume.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!