About Shelter Movers:
Shelter Movers provides moving and storage services at no cost to women and children fleeing abuse. We are the only organization of our kind in Canada, and our volunteers are no less exceptional. Every year, in collaboration with community partners, our volunteer teams contribute over 15,000 hours to support people transitioning to lives free of violence and abuse. Our Vancouver chapter has been operational since November 2018 and has completed over 500 moves. We are consistently growing and looking to add caring and compassionate people to our volunteer team.
Scheduling Coordinators recruit volunteers to join move teams, working from Shelter Movers Vancouver's database of active volunteers to create, send, and respond to emails. They are the ‘voice’ of Shelter Movers Vancouver in our volunteers' inboxes, sharing opportunities to help with positivity, encouragement, a sense of purpose, and the joy of our work.
– Create ‘Call to Action’ e-mail content to send to volunteers, including relevant information about upcoming moves
– Update the Mover Availability Calendar with volunteers’ availability
– Monitor email inbox and respond to onboarded volunteers responding to Call To Action emails
– Send and respond to emails regarding scheduling updates
– Follow-up with volunteers’ communications with consistency and timeliness
– Work with Move Coordination Supervisor and other Scheduling Coordinators
– Have regular check-ins with Shelter Movers staff
Skills, Experience and Education
– Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of Shelter Movers’ policies and procedures.
– Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality, provide trauma-informed care to clients, and remain calm during potentially stressful situations.
– Excellent organizational, time-management, problem-solving, decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills.
– Flexible and adaptable to change.
– Tact, discretion, high maturity level and good judgment.
– Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
– A passion for Shelter Movers’ mission of supporting women and children fleeing violence and abuse.
– No previous education is required.
– Ability to speak additional languages.
– Experience in social services, intake coordination, case management, and the Violence Against Women (VAW) sector.
– Previous volunteering experience with Shelter Movers.
Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete an interview process, sign a confidentiality agreement, obtain a police reference check, and attend a Trauma-Informed Care Orientation session. Scheduling Coordinators will be completing additional role-specific training.
What's in it for the Volunteer?
You’ll have the opportunity to make a positive impact on your community by supporting women and families transitioning from violence and abuse.
You’ll gain experience in grant writing, with coaching and support from an experienced professional in the field.
After 3 months of satisfactory service, a confirmation of volunteering can be provided.
After 6 months, we'd be happy to provide a personalized reference letter.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!