About Shelter Movers
Shelter Movers is a national, volunteer-powered charitable organization providing moving and storage services at no cost to individuals and families fleeing abuse. We collaborate with local businesses and community agencies to support people, primarily women and children, as they transition to a life free of violence.
The Graphic Illustrator will have an integral role in the Marketing Team of Shelter Movers Vancouver. Main responsibilities include planning, designing, and producing graphics and communication materials for promotional use.
- Work closely with the local and national Marketing team as well as the Fund Development team
- Have regular check-ins with the Marketing Manager
- Planning, designing and creating graphic and visual elements or materials
- to promote Shelter Movers and its mission
- for Shelter Movers Vancouver events
- for communication materials for internal and external use, including reports, newsletters, information pages, presentations and more
- for use in social media campaigns, website design, emails and other digital correspondence
- Ensure all designs are created according to Shelter Movers’ brand guidelines and easily accessible to the Marketing, Fund Development, and National team.
- A lot of the work in this role will be project or event based
Skills, Experience and Education
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Reliable work habits, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of graphic design collaborative tools i.e. Canva to create and maintain assets for non-designer team members
- The ability to ensure brand consistency throughout various marketing and fundraising projects
- A background in graphic design (previous experience creating graphic design projects for clients and previous experience designing graphics for non-profit organization is an asset)
- Experience and expertise in different areas of graphic design is an asset (particularly web and digital)
- Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete an interview process, sign a confidentiality agreement, obtain a police reference check, and attend a Trauma-Informed Care Orientation session.
- A portfolio of professional work is requested as part of the application for the Graphic Illustrator role.
Estimated Time Requirements
Approximately 3-5 hours a week. This is a work-from-home position, with occasional meetings (in-person and/or conference calls.) 6 month to one year commitment is strongly preferred.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!