Ghost River Theatre
BECOME A CHAMPION
of new work, always.
Ghost River Theatre Society is recruiting volunteers to join its board of directors. Directors are responsible for the organization's governance and ensure its activities align with its vision, mission, and values. https://www.ghostrivertheatre.com/
Who is Ghost River Theatre?
Ghost River Theatre is a devised theatre company based in Calgary/ Mohkinstsis that creates, develops, and mounts original productions through a significant investment in innovative research and development. We make our work in a rigorous, supportive, collaborative-creation environment that recognizes and utilizes all participants' unique abilities, premiering our work in Calgary and then touring it nationally and internationally. Our work embraces a hybrid of high-tech visual spectacle with low-fi theatrical magic. https://www.ghostrivertheatre.com/documentary-about-grt
Are you interested in:
● expanding your skill set in board governance skills?
● championing adventurous, daring art?
● embracing diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism?
Do you have any of the following experience:
● experience working in the performing arts or on an arts board
● strategic planning and performance management
● fundraising and community engagement
What we ask:
● commit to a three-year term.
● attend the theatre's performances.
● attend monthly meetings and an annual strategic planning session
● sit on at least one committee by the end of your first term, which includes attending additional monthly or bi-monthly meetings.
● assist with fundraising by acting as an ambassador for the theatre in the community.
● make an annual donation in a personally meaningful amount and within individual means.
For more information or to apply, please email . Interested candidates will be asked to provide a resume and fill out an application form. We will reach out to schedule an interview with a member of both the staff and board.
GRT is committed to actively supporting anti-racism & anti-oppression and working against systems of oppression. As part of our efforts towards a more equitable, diverse, inclusive and accessible future in the performing arts, we are recruiting to build a diverse board of people of all backgrounds and identities.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!