About Shelter Movers:
Shelter Movers is a national, volunteer-powered charitable organization providing moving and storage services at no cost to individuals and families fleeing abuse. We collaborate with local businesses and community agencies to support people, primarily women and children, as they transition to a life free of violence.
The Engagement Coordinator will assist in managing onboarded volunteers' experience as they volunteer with Shelter Movers, building on the aspects of volunteer retention and engagement in Vancouver.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
● Assist with the development and implementation of volunteer engagement strategies
● Plan and lead in-person and virtual volunteer events with the goal of increasing volunteer engagement
● Identify volunteer-related issues and reporting back to the Volunteer Services Manager
Skills and Qualifications
● Strong interest in the Gender Based Violence (GBV) sector and/or non-profit management
● Ability to maintain a voice that is supportive, approachable, anti-racist, anti-oppressive, and inclusive in all areas of communication
● Ability to prioritize tasks and shift priorities as necessary
● Previous experience in event planning, HR, etc
● Time commitment: 4-6 hours per month
● Primarily remote volunteer position, requiring some in-person event
As a Volunteer at Shelter Movers:
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a positive impact on your community by supporting women and families transitioning from violence and abuse.
- You’ll receive training in preparation for your role, and have access to ongoing training material and opportunities.
- You’ll work with a great team of passionate volunteers and supporters.
- After 3 months of satisfactory service, a confirmation of volunteering can be provided.
- After 6 months, we'd be happy to provide a personalized reference letter.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!