About Shelter Movers:
Shelter Movers is a national, volunteer-powered charitable organization providing moving and storage services at no cost to individuals and families fleeing abuse. We collaborate with local businesses and community agencies to support people, primarily women and children, as they transition to a life free of violence.
The Facilitation Coordinator is responsible for leading and presenting Shelter Mover’s Trauma-Informed Care Orientation sessions to volunteers completing the onboarding process in Vancouver.
● Lead 1-2 orientation sessions per month to a group of 2-10 participants
● Create safe and inclusive space that encourages active participation
● Explain the moving process, including types of moves, classification of risk, and move team, and share personal experiences from going on moves
● Gather and share knowledge on critical topics including trauma-informed care, anti-oppressive practices, boundaries, confidentiality and the procedures, values and impact of Shelter Movers
● Review the orientation slide deck and provide feedback of the orientation session
Skills and Qualifications
● Excellent active listening skills and communication skills
● Ability to discuss concepts and scenarios that may trigger a stress response
● Comfortable identifying and responding to different group dynamics
● Previous experience in public speaking and/or facilitation is an asset
● Time commitment: 3-6 hours per month
As a Volunteer at Shelter Movers:
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a positive impact on your community by supporting women and families transitioning from violence and abuse.
- You’ll receive training in preparation for your role, and have access to ongoing training material and opportunities.
- You’ll work with a great team of passionate volunteers and supporters.
- After 3 months of satisfactory service, a confirmation of volunteering can be provided.
- After 6 months, we'd be happy to provide a personalized reference letter.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!