The Grant Writer will have strong research and written communication skills to assist us with grant applications, the primary focus will be on Alberta grants. The grant writer will be reporting to the Lead grant Writer, and will be responsible for researching and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations.
- Prepare high-quality grant proposals in a timely manner
- Research on the project and the requirements of potential funding sources,
- Discussions with project proponents to ensure a thorough understanding of the project,
- Developing budgets, timelines, work plans, and other required documents
- Making presentations and securing letters of support as needed
- Maintain a system to track projects and grant applications, including deadlines, application requirements, budgets, and reporting requirements
- Manage multiple grant applications simultaneously and ensure that all are submitted on time
- Identify grants and funding opportunities or partnerships available
- Submit reports to granting organizations following the completion of projects
- Provide recognition for granting organizations as required
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Familiarity with APA style writing.
- Excellent written, analytical and research skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Advanced interpersonal skills in a professional, outgoing manner
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to work without supervision
- Able to prioritize workloads and meet established deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and database systems
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is an asset
- 1 years’ experience writing grants.
- Publications while in university is an asset.
- Familiarity with BIPOC grant writing is an asset
- Knowledge on Truth and Reconciliation Commission and United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous peoples is an asset.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Work Location: Remote