“Inspiring and supporting seniors to be the best they can be.”
Position Title: Customer Service Receptionist
Service Area: Customer Services
Location of position: Main Floor
Supervisor of position: Administrative Coordinator – Main Floor
Purpose of position: During Sage’s phased in approach to re-opening, this volunteer position will welcome and respond to Sage members and clients at the front desk. The duties for this position will evolve as time dictates, as we move forward to being fully open.
Level of Risk: medium
Position duties and responsibilities:
- Reception volunteers will work in a team of two
- Greet the public with a warm and helpful demeanor
- Assist with greeting pre-registered Life Enrichment participants at the front door, when the front door is locked
- Direct clients to appropriate department/staff/resources
- Greet all incoming clients and members in a friendly, helpful and professional manner
- Stock and organize the paper on the main floor photocopy room, keep the room in a neat and orderly fashion
- Keep main floor lobby in a neat and orderly fashion
- Maintain quantities of Life Enrichment calendars and information at main floor reception desk, photo coping when necessary
- May provide assistance with registering participants in various events, courses, and classes
- Assist with various admin tasks as required
- Assist with call-outs as required and as time allows
- Attend monthly meetings in service area, and training sessions as requested
- Provide photocopying assistance for Life Enrichment instructors, students and clients
- Review memo/policies/procedures book at the beginning of every shift
- Other tasks as the reopening phases progress
- Orientation will be provided to Sage programs, values, approach, volunteer’s service area and position.
- Training will be provided by Supervisor on duties and procedures of position and equipment required for position.
- Feedback will be:
- Informal – regular feedback from supervisor to volunteer, and from volunteer to supervisor
- Formal – one annual position review will be conducted at which feedback is given and received
Time Requirement of position:
- Shifts for this volunteer position will evolve. For the current phase, the time commitment is 10am – 2pm.
- As Sage moves through the phases to fully opening, the expected shifts will move to 8:30- 12:30 or 12:30 – 4:00.
- A commitment to a minimum of one four hour shift per week is required.
Qualifications and skills for position:
- Customer service
- Comfortable working with the public
- Organizational and time management skills
- Previous office experience an asset
- Previous customer service experience an asset
- Computer skills an asset or willingness to learn required computer program