CALL FOR DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS | FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
About Westcoast Family Centres (WFC): Westcoast Family Centres Society is a multi-service community based non-profit organization delivering child-centered, evidence-based, family-focused programs and services since 1984. At WFC we strive to support a diverse demographic of clients within the Lower Mainland offering strength-based and family-centered programs and services to help strengthen the relationships of parents, caregivers and their children. Learn more about WFC here.
Does this sound like you?
• Are you committed to making a difference in the lives of those in a less fortunate circumstance?
• Are you passionate about being involved with a system that focuses on increasing access to
• Are you motivated by developing partnerships for concrete change within your community?
If so, this committee is for you! The Development Committee is responsible for overseeing the organization's overall fundraising strategy and establishing community partnerships to support the overall mission of the organization.
By joining the Development Committee, you will be working with WFC to help others overcome adversity. Our 2020-2021 committee goal is to support the building of a vibrant, inclusive, space in Vancouver providing a wide range of person-centered support, services and resources for parents, caregivers and their families. The vision for “The Link – A Family Support Centre” is to become a “one-stop-shop” location for families of all backgrounds and adversities to access the support services they need to help raise a child and progress a family.
What is involved:
• Advise, review and assist in the implementation of the annual fundraising strategy
• Engage with and maintain advocacy and networking relationships with community members,
organizations, and like-minded stakeholders.
• Develop individualized strategies to cultivate and strengthen relationships with prospective
major donors and funders relating to monetary contributions and in-kind support.
• Monitor and support fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place and that
donors are acknowledged appropriately.
Committee Member Expectations:
• Become a member of the Westcoast Family Centres Society.
• Participate, engage, and support the goals of the committee.
• Monthly meetings (remotely); 1-year commitment.
How to apply: If you’re interested please email D or apply online. Thank you very much for
your interest, we look forward to connecting with you soon! Deadline October 15, 2020.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!