Bissell Centre Thrift Shop empowers people to reach their full potential and participate equally in our community. Each purchase at the Thrift Shop goes to providing life saving supports at our Community Space and Respite Child Care.
Store Ambassadors will greet customers and help with shopping. They support team members on the floor by hanging clothing, tidying, and setting out donations in the front of the store.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Deliver exceptional customer service, warmly greet customers, help customers in the front of the store with their needs
- Maintain tidiness of the sales floor area
- Hang and/or fold goods
- Ensure that clothing and household goods are placed in the appropriate areas as directed by the supervisor or manager
- Work a minimum of two shifts per month and commit to three consecutive months of volunteering
- Over the age of 18
- Comfortable being positioned at the front of the store
- Good personal hygiene
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively
- Able to move, lift and carry items ranging from 50 to 100 lbs with the appropriate equipment
- Physically fit and able to stand and walk for several hours at a time
- Able to bend, stoop and crouch
- Able to work in a warehouse environment, with varying temperatures and frequent exposure to dust, pet hair, smoke and other potential allergens.
12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Monday to Saturday
December 7th 2020 and onward (Minimum Three Months)
- Complete Application Form
- Phone Interview
- Reference Check
- Police Information Check
- Volunteer Waiver
- Review and agreement to organization policies and procedures
COVID-19 Considerations -Volunteers will:
- be asked health screening questions when they arrive for their shift
- be asked to sanitize their hands upon arrival
- maintain a physical distance of 6 feet (2 meters) from others
- will be provided with a mask and gloves to wear during their shift