TESTOPER COMMUNITY: Director of Programs
Testoper Community is the nonprofit developer community that empowers every person to become a part of the tech ecosystem's future workforce. We enable tech 'future skills and innovation' to deliver and operate intelligent technology solutions through continuous learning programs designed to accelerate every person's career, intrapreneurial, and entrepreneurial aspirations.
The Testoper community is started and spearheaded by volunteers of tech industry experts and leaders who want to make a difference in society to the cause they believe in by giving back selflessly. If you are passionate about volunteering, making an impact, experiencing more to gain a whole new perspective, be part of something bigger than yourself, and build life-long friends, you may be the right fit for our team.
Reporting to the Chief Programs Officer (CPO), the Director of Programs' mission is to support the programs function operational plan at Testoper Community to ensure the success of the program’s strategy and its target metrics outcomes and indicators. Be the voice, creative mind, insightful data-driven learner, team player, and act as a force multiplier to drive growth.
- Partner with CPO to help drive program function on successful Testoper program delivery, including stakeholder and resource acquisition.
- Partner with similar organizations and communities to deliver joint programs and joint promotions.
- Reach out to tech and non-tech partners to secure revenue through collaborative grant applications and discount or commission-based sponsorship, respectively.
- Engage continuously to collect program and attendance metrics through feedback loop such as surveys and report it to operations teams.
- Create a program/project plan, get buy-in from other stakeholder teams, and execute it successfully within scope, budget, and timeline.
- Lead as an example, walk the talk, honor meeting hours (1hrs./week), and volunteer work hours (3 hrs./week).
- Execute operational program plan in the calendar, and ensure its success from goal to action, target metrics indicator, and outcome.
- Create an end-to-end project/program plan and kick-off by publishing in Eventbrite, Meetup, Testoper Website, and other digital platforms.
- Engage cross-functional teams for demand generation, and secure stakeholders such as speakers and judges, and resources such as space and IT tool.
- Create and ensure the Testoper tools and templates are used to deliver high-quality content working closely with stakeholders.
- Create a solid communication plan and templates to send to attendees and stakeholders before/after programs such as judging speaker guidelines/thank you emails etc.
- Prepare the agenda for each program, be a spokesman and facilitator to deliver it successfully.
- Spearhead and work with other cross-functional teams to collect program metrics through feedback loop such as surveys and report it to the operations team.
- Continuously identify stakeholders to create a pool of experts (also as volunteers) to deliver current and future Testoper programs.
- Partner with similar tech communities and organizations to provide joint programs and apply collaborative grant applications to secure revenue.
- Be a force multiplier to partner with non-tech partners such as real estate and insurance to offer discounts or commission-based sponsorship.
- Determined to succeed and have worked or earned degree or certification in the project, program, product and event management or a similar role
- A highly motivated individual who consistently delivers high performance against programs target metrics outcome and indicators (KPI)
- Curious to always learn and seek new innovative ways to deliver results.
- Keep your promises and commitments seriously and have strong integrity.
- Experience in the non-profit organization, tech industry, education industry, and event management is an asset.
- We commit to a diverse and inclusive team. Everyone, including Immigrants, retired, employed, unemployed, students, may apply.
Testoper Community is a non-profit tech organization primarily conceived to give back selflessly. We believe as Canadians giving back to society is pivotal to lead a happier and healthier life. As a volunteer, you may enjoy many direct and indirect benefits.
- Support from industry experts of volunteers to learn, mentor, and refer to succeed in your career.
- Support for your own business, if any, as a Testoper Community sponsor to amplify marketing and reach.
- With continuous dedicated service, opportunity to become a non-profit board member, and content for board director election process.
- Primarily it is a volunteer role, as we grow, the opportunity to get volunteer wages and even play a role as part-time, full-time job and contract employee.
- Industry Recognition and Canadian work and/or volunteer experience certificate.
Seniority Level: Management
Industry: Non-profit, Information Technology
Employment Type: Volunteer
Job Functions: Program Management
We look forward to having you on our team.