TESTOPER COMMUNITY: Chief Partner Success Officer (CPSO)
Testoper Community is the non-profit developer community that empowers every person to become a part of the tech ecosystem's future workforce. We enable tech 'future skills and innovation' to deliver and operate intelligent technology solutions through continuous learning programs designed to accelerate every person's career, intrapreneurial, and entrepreneurial aspirations.
The Testoper community is started and spearheaded by volunteers of tech industry experts and leaders who want to make a difference in society to the cause they believe in by giving back selflessly. If you are passionate about volunteering, making an impact, experiencing more to gain a whole new perspective, be part of something bigger than yourself, and build life-long friends, you may be the right fit for our team.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Partner Success Officer (CPSO) mission is to build a strong Partner Success function at Testoper Community to ensure stakeholders understand the value today and long into the future. Spearhead and act as a force multiplier to drive growth, strategically generating income towards sponsorship acquisition and partnership development for advancing Testoper Community and its vision, mission, and values.
- Partner with CEO, cross-functional CXO’s, and strategic advisors to drive all Partner Success strategies and execution.
- Participate in board meetings and lead board-level discussions on Partner Success strategy, operations, target, and outcome.
- Establish, build and manage long-term trusting partner relationships: identify partner pain points, as well as opportunities for income growth and expansion
- Take the lead to re-imagine innovative ways of doing things for sponsorship acquisition and partnership development.
- Be a thought leader providing strategic and pragmatic insights ensuring Testoper recognition by tech industry experts.
- Groom and grow a highly engaged Partner Success team by hiring, retaining top talent, and generating measurable growth outcomes.
- Lead as an example, walk the talk, and honor meeting hours (1-2 hrs./week) and volunteer work hours (2-3 hrs./week).
- Lead the continued optimization of the design, communication, and execution of the partner success strategy to drive efficiencies and great experiences.
- Create a Partner Success operational plan and calendar, and ensure its success from goal to action, target metrics indicator, and outcome.
- Develop partnership to encourage combined effort in delivering Testoper career and innovation programs for mutual win-win synergies and benefits
- Accountable for promoting Testoper programs via partners to acquire attendees, volunteers, speakers, and other stakeholders.
- Be a force multiplier to succeed in achieving both cash and in-kind sponsorship targets.
- Engage continuously with partners through a feedback loop such as surveys during and after programs to collect metrics, outcomes, and indicators to adapt and grow.
- Experience in leading the Partner Success team end-to-end from strategy to operations and achieving targets.
- Highly motivated to succeed, inspire, and engage in growing income.
- Curious to always learn and seek new innovative ways to deliver results.
- Keep your promises, take your commitments to others seriously, and have strong integrity.
- Experience in the non-profit organization, tech industry, education industry, and event management is an asset.
- We commit to a diverse and inclusive team. Everyone, including Immigrants, retired, employed, unemployed with relevant experience may apply.
Testoper Community is a non-profit tech organization primarily conceived to give back selflessly. We believe as Canadians giving back to society is pivotal to lead a happier and healthier life. As a volunteer, you may enjoy many direct and indirect benefits.
- Support from industry experts of volunteers to learn, mentor, and refer to succeed in your career.
- Support for your own business, if any, as a Testoper Community sponsor to amplify marketing and reach.
- With continuous dedicated service, opportunity to become a non-profit board member, and content for board director election process.
- Primarily it is a volunteer role, as we grow, the opportunity to get volunteer wages and even play a role as part-time, full-time job and contract employee.
- Industry Recognition and Canadian work and/or volunteer experience certificate.
Seniority Level: Executive
Industry: Non-profit, Information Technology
Employment Type: Volunteer
Job Functions: Partner Success
We look forward to having you on our team.