TESTOPER COMMUNITY – Manager of Operations
Testoper Community is the non-profit developer community that empowers every person to become a part of the tech ecosystem's future workforce. We enable tech 'future skills and innovation' to deliver and operate intelligent technology solutions through continuous learning programs designed to accelerate every person's career, intrapreneurial, and entrepreneurial aspirations.
The Testoper community is started and spearheaded by volunteers of tech industry experts and leaders who want to make a difference in society to the cause they believe in by giving back selflessly. If you are passionate about volunteering, making an impact, experiencing more to gain a whole new perspective, be part of something bigger than yourself, and build life-long friends, you may be the right fit for our team.
Reporting to Chief Operations Officer (COO), the Manager of Operations mission is to support the Operation team’s operational plan at Testoper Community to ensure the success of Operations strategy and its target metrics outcomes and indicators. Be the voice, creative mind, insightful data-driven learner, team player, and act as a force multiplier to drive growth.
- Partner with COO to help drive steady growth through IT and software development initiatives and operational efficiency.
- Plan and execute all Operations team initiatives, including Development Projects, IT tools acquisition, maintenance, sponsorship, and donation.
- Observe organization expectations to understand their needs and adjust the operational plan to align with the expectations.
- Excel in IT and development efforts on different technologies utilized in our Testoper community and its programs.
- Continuously improve the website performance, optimize IT tools costs, and acquire donations through funding platforms.
- Lead as an example, walk the talk, honor meeting hours (1hrs./week), and volunteer work hours (3 hrs./week).
- Execute operational plan in the calendar, and ensure its success from goal to action, target metrics indicator, and outcome.
- Build the Testoper platform/website with compelling content, messaging, meaningful metrics, and dashboard.
- Spreadhead to build a team to develop, integrate, and deliver all Testoper projects ideas from concept to launch.
- Promote the Testoper community to potential in-kind IT tools sponsors and independent donors to secure sponsorship and donations.
- Engage continuously with other cross-functional teams, and be responsible for record-keeping of volunteers, collecting and providing organization metrics.
- Experience in leveraging several IT tools from Microsoft, Google, and others, customizing and operating it.
- Be a force multiplier to succeed in achieving donations from independent donors through various digital platforms such as crowdfunding and Benevity.
- Determined to succeed and have worked or earned a degree or certification in software development, IT operations, or a similar role
- A highly motivated individual who consistently delivers high performance against marketing target metrics outcome and indicators (KPI)
- Curious to always learn and seek new innovative ways to deliver results.
- Keep your promises and commitments seriously and have strong integrity.
- Experience in the non-profit organization, tech industry, education industry, and event management is an asset.
- We commit to a diverse and inclusive team. Everyone including Immigrants retired, employed, unemployed, Students may apply.
Testoper Community is a non-profit tech organization primarily conceived to give back selflessly. We believe as Canadians giving back to society is pivotal to lead a happier and healthier life. As a volunteer, you may enjoy many direct and indirect benefits.
- Support from industry experts of volunteers to learn, mentor, and refer to succeed in your career.
- Support for your own business, if any, as a Testoper Community sponsor to amplify marketing and reach.
- With continuous dedicated service, opportunity to become a non-profit board member, and content for board director election process.
- Volunteer opportunities would provide successful applicants with the equivalent of Canadian work experience.
Seniority Level: Management
Industry: Non-profit, Information Technology
Employment Type: Volunteer
Job Functions: Operations
We look forward to having you on our team.