The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to volunteer in our Guest Services Department as a VOLUNTEER - BARTENDER
The Volunteer Bartender is an integral part of the Citadel team. The successful candidate will help in preparing the lobby bars for service, preparing orders for patrons, assist in closing duties, restocking the bar, managing cash floats, doing dishes, and assisting with training new volunteers. The Volunteer Bartender must participate in maintaining a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Reporting to the Volunteer Coordinator, Assistant Bar Manager, and Bar Supervisor, Volunteer Bartenders:
• Work closely with a team of Bartenders, Managers, and Front of House staff to ensure the highest possible level of customer service to all patrons visiting The Citadel Theatre
• Pour and mix cocktails, beer, and wine in accordance with Citadel training, recipes, and AGLC serving regulations
• Use a POS system to process transactions, handle cash, run reports, and maintain inventory with a high level of accuracy and integrity
• Ensure a meticulously clean environment before, during, and after service
• Maintain up to date, perfect knowledge of product and specs to a standard which allows consistent execution, and accurate communication to patrons
• Understanding and adherence to all Citadel Theatre policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct Policy, Confidentiality & Privacy Policies, Health & Safety Policy, Social Media Acceptable Use Policy, Violence Policy, Workplace & Sexual Harassment Policy
• Other duties as requested
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
• Ability to comfortably carry and lift up to 40lbs to shoulder height
• ProServe certification is considered an asset
• Bartending experience is considered an asset
This is a part-time casual volunteer position. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs. Volunteers are responsible for managing their own schedules online and will be expected to work a minimum of 50 hours per season (July – June). Volunteer shifts worked will count toward the Citadel Theatre Volunteer Work & Play benefit program.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!