Opportunity Accelerator Program Volunteer
Program Volunteers support Career Connections (CC) team members with service delivery and programming for the Opportunity Accelerator program.
They must be dedicated to supporting Goodwill’s mission, be able to communicate effectively, have a positive attitude and be independent as well as work effectively with others.
Flexible hours: 1-2 shifts per week; 4hours per shift.
Must complete a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search for working with individuals with disabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides support with one to one Resume/Cover Letter writing and updates
- Provides support to the Opportunity Accelerator team with facilitating and engaging Individuals in workshops
- Provides support to clients’ job search and online applications
- Provides support to the Opportunity Accelerator team with clients’ training and education registrations
- Other duties as assigned, as per workflow needs.
- Maintains and adheres to all CC program policies and procedures.
- Maintains an organized and professional work environment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personal information collected.
- Ensures that individuals are always treated with dignity and respect.
- Acts as an advocate and positive role model in all stakeholder interactions, demonstrates appropriate work behaviour and communicates effectively in a professional manner.
- Able to actively in team meetings, improvement quality of the program, in-service training and professional development opportunities, as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Degree/diploma in social services or active post-secondary student in good academic standing
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or barriers to employment, but not required.
- Interest and ability to engage with individuals with disabilities
- Valid First Aid certificate.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Must be knowledgeable of utilizing Microsoft Office applications and Zoom.
- Interest and ability to work with individuals with disabilities.
- Believes in inclusive employment.
- Demonstrated strong ability to effectively communicate through oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and a desire to learn and advance.
- Ability to influence, empower, and motivate others.
- Friendly with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- At least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Works in an office environment, virtually at home, and/or hybrid of working in the office and at home, as required
- Dress code is Business Casual.