Shelter Movers provides moving and storage services at no cost to women and children fleeing abuse. We are the only service of this kind in Canada, and our volunteers are no less exceptional. Every year, in collaboration with community partners, our volunteer teams contribute over 15,000 hours to support people transitioning to lives free of violence and abuse.
Shelter Movers Vancouver has been operational since late 2018 and has completed over 400 moves to date. We are growing and looking to add caring and compassionate people to our volunteer team.
The Marketing Coordinator will have an integral role in the Marketing and Communications team of Shelter Movers Vancouver. The main responsibilities include participating in the development of marketing strategy and creating content to promote Shelter Movers and its mission to the public.
– Participate in the development of marketing strategies
– Come up with ideas for content to promote Shelter Movers and its mission
– Write clear, concise copy and and have the ability to adapt it for different platforms including; organic and paid social media, blogs, flyers, and other marketing assets
– Manage social media platforms, including content creation, scheduling, and community management
– Maintain and measure success of digital campaigns using Google Analytics and data from social media
– Knowledge of SEO and paid digital advertising (Google Ads, Facebook Ads) an asset
– Promote Shelter Movers Vancouver through different forms of media as a part of the Marketing Team
– When appropriate, work with marketing & communications volunteers nationally, and in other cities to establish content that can be used across chapters
Skills, Experience and Education
– Self-driven and innovative
– Can demonstrate experience using various social media platforms.
– A long-term interest in the Violence Against Women (VAW) sector, and Marketing and Communications
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong organizational skills and reliable work habits.
– A demonstrated interest in a wide variety of work in Marketing and Communications.
– Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and digital marketing platforms.
– Ability to maintain a voice that is supportive, approachable, anti-racist, anti-oppresive, inclusive and accurate in all areas of communication.
– Ability to adapt to the everchanging language used to discuss violence against women.
– Excellent research skills and the ability to find accurate, credible sources and cite them correctly.
– The ability to work as part of a team.
– The ability to prioritize tasks and shift priorities as necessary.
– A background in Marketing, Communications, Media Relations, Public Relations or Journalism
– Knowledge of WordPress and web content creation
– Professional experience using social media, particularly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn (as well as social media management tools like HootSuite)
Estimated Time Requirements
– Approximately 6-8 hours per week.
Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete an interview process, sign a confidentiality agreement, obtain a police reference check, and attend a Trauma-Informed Care Orientation session. Marketing Coordinators will also get role-specific training.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!