Shelter Movers Vancouver is looking for a motivated individual with a positive attitude, strong research and written communication skills to help us with grant applications. The grant writer will be reporting to the Fund Development Manager and will be responsible for researching and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations.
- Research potential grant opportunities from organizations that align with the mission and values of Shelter Movers Vancouver
- Assemble and submit grant applications that include (but not limited to) all necessary components of reference letters, proposals, strategy plan, etc in a timely manner
- Connect with grant-making foundations and organizations to solicit feedback and establish positive working relationships
- Report to the Fund Development Manager and Chapter Director to update the status of specific grant applications
Essential skills & knowledge:
- Excellent written, analytical and research skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Advanced interpersonal skills in a professional, outgoing manner
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented, able to work without supervision
- Able to prioritize workloads and meet established deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and database systems
- A positive, 'can-do' attitude
- Experience or a proven track record of successfully securing grants for other non-profit organizations is a strong asset, but not required. We will provide training and ongoing support
Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete an interview process, attend an orientation for new volunteers, in addition to signing a confidentiality agreement and obtaining a criminal record check.
As a Grant Writer at Shelter Movers:
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a positive impact on helping women and families transition away from violence and abuse.
- You’ll gain experience in fundraising and event planning, with coaching and support from an experienced professional in the field.
- You’ll receive training in preparation for your role, and have access to ongoing training opportunities.
- You’ll work with a great team of passionate volunteers and supporters.
- After 3 months of satisfactory service, a confirmation of volunteering can be provided.
- After 6 months, we'd be happy to provide a personalized reference letter.