Who we are
The C.O.D.E. Initiative is an organization dedicated to increasing diversity in both the education and tech industries. Since 2017, we have provided coding and STEM workshops to neurodiverse children (youth who identify with being on the Autism Spectrum or having ADD/ADHD, GAD, or any other exceptionality) and underrepresented youth across Canada. Our mission is to create inclusive and supportive environments for children to learn, explore and empower themselves in.
We are looking for a dedicated and mission-driven individual to join our Marketing team as a Marketing Coordinator.
- Relevant experience in social media, digital marketing, graphic design or similar
- A keen eye for visuals on social media with the ability to use software such as Canva or Adobe Creative Suite to create eye-catching social assets
- An excellent writer and extremely savvy for everything and all things social
- An excellent planner with great organizational and management skills
- Self-motivated and a team player with excellent communication skills
- Punctual and capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Highly analytical and data-minded
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion and want to make a difference in our world
- Having previous experience with SEO, keyword research, Google Analytics, Adwords is a plus
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop marketing campaigns and create all graphic content to support ongoing promotion of services
- Run social media campaigns and content for all our media channels while building social media presence and engagement
- Write blogs/articles and newsletters to support the company’s marketing efforts
- Conduct market research and support sales team in outbound marketing
- Coordinate projects and build relations with existing and new community partner
- Provide day to day marketing support for all sales activities, internal and external needs
- Work with technical teams on website updates (tweaking and creating landing pages)
- Provide any other sales and marketing support as required
Responsibilities also include:
- 5-10 hours/week (varies week to week)
- Participation in organization events
- Year-long commitment (renewable based on an evaluation)
- Weekly meeting attendance
The C.O.D.E. Initiative is an organization that values inclusivity, diversity, and innovative thinking. At C.O.D.E., you are offered a flexible, safe, and inclusive environment in which you can learn, grow and showcase your talents with encouragement from supportive peers and leadership. The C.O.D.E. Initiative is an equal opportunities employer. If you require any accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let our team know and we will work with you to meet your needs. For more information, visit us at www.thecodeinitiative.ca.
Please fill out the application form here.
Closing date for applications: This posting will remain open until the position is filled; interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. The C.O.D.E. Initiative encourages qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for this position. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Date: We aim to fill the position as soon as possible.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!