Cascade Bicycle Club brings people together to experience the joy of bicycling through transportation, recreation, and friendship. It collaborates with members, volunteers, and community partners to inspire people to advocate for a safe, equitable, and sustainable Washington state. It builds confidence, leadership, knowledge, and community by teaching bicycle skills to all ages.
The Cascade Bicycle Club is looking for a Project Manager with a technical background to help revamp its website. This discovery phase will evaluate the current state to ensure the support of future expansion operations.
Provide leadership and create a sourcing plan to implement a new website supporting Cascade Bicycle Club’s programs and vision.
• Past experience in IT expansion and webpage renewal.
• A passion for web hosting platforms and new initiatives.
• Critical thinking and problem solving to establish priorities and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to set priorities and manage multiple moving parts in a project.
• Creative eye and good writing skills is a benefit.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to converse with various stakeholders.
• Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
• Adaptability and ability to work well with groups.
Estimated Time Commitment
10-15 hours per month
Start Date: January 10 2022
End Date: June 30 2022
Scope of Work
Create an implementation plan to launch a webpage considering Cascade Bicycle Club’s requirements, available resources and budget.
• Lead the team to gather requirements and define acceptance criteria.
• Create detailed project plan including scope, budget, resource and timeline in cooperation with The Technology Manager and students at the University of Washington.
• Define a clear governance structure that creates accountability.
• Execute and monitor the project plan.
• Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets project standards.
• Provide leadership to manage issues and escalations.
• Manage changes and provide mitigation plan.
• Advise on development of project budget and schedule.
• Coordinate all Owner responsibilities and ensure timely decisions.
• Ensure proper documentations are created and communicated.
• Detailed Implementation Plan.
• Sustainability/Training Plan.
• Define project scope, success criteria and desired outcome.
• Define tasks and required resources.
• Create schedule and project timeline.
• Address any issues and changes that might arise during the project.
• Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
• Keep track of overall progress and the accomplishment.
• Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
• Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate to stakeholders as needed.
• Conduct lessons learned in cooperation with Puget Sound PMV Branch.
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Christopher Shainin. Lead Finance & Operations
Cascade Bicycle Club will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!