Shelter Movers provides moving and storage services at no cost to women and children fleeing abuse. We are the only organization of our kind in Canada, and our volunteers are no less exceptional. Every year, in collaboration with community partners, our volunteer teams contribute over 15,000 hours to support people transitioning to lives free of violence and abuse. Our Vancouver chapter has been operational since November 2018 and has completed over 120 moves in that time span. We are growing and looking to add caring and compassionate people to our volunteer team.
Shelter Movers will continue to operate and provide our unique moving and storage services with stringent measures in place to protect our volunteers, partners, and clients. While we all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 and stay home, we must remember that home isn’t a safe place for many. Those experiencing abuse may have to spend more time with their abuser in an unsafe, confined space as well as potentially losing their job and the financial independence that comes with it. There have been published articles that highlight mandatory social distancing measures that place individuals experiencing abuse at a greater risk than pre-pandemic.
The Assistant Manager of Marketing works closely with the Manager of Marketing to manage and execute marketing and communications for the Shelter Movers Vancouver chapter.
- Executes Marketing and Communications strategy with the Marketing Manager, including social media, media relations, website management and graphic design
- Develop marketing collateral, both for digital and physical distribution
- Manage social media platforms, including content creation, scheduling, and community management
- Engage in copywriting for website copy, ads, and marketing assets
- Analyze results from marketing campaigns and implement changes as necessary
- Ability to implement SEO changes to content and website is an asset
- Experience in Communications and Media relations
- Professional PR and communications experience, preferably with a charity or non-profit
- Demonstrated experience on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in brand and events promotion
- Be self-driven and innovative - be prepared and excited to bring new ideas and procedures!
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer management approaches
The ideal Assistant Marketing Manager will have:
- Reliable work habits
- Strong organizational skills
- Interest in a wide variety of work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Respect for client and volunteer confidentiality
- Experience working with the public, including people from diverse backgrounds
- A long-term interest in the Violence Against Women (VAW) sector
- Passion for Shelter Movers' mission of supporting women and children fleeing violence and abuse
Approximately 3 to 5 hours a week. This is an unpaid volunteer position
Shelter Movers Provides you with:
Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete a police check, and attend an orientation of no more than three hours.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!