COSTI REQUIRES 2 YOUTH GROUP WORKERS FOR ITS YOUTH SERVICES PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and E.S.L. services to newcomers. For more information about COSTI, please visit our Website http://www.costi.org
This is a program specifically for new immigrant youth between the ages of 16 and 24. This program will provide youth with assistance in the areas of immigration & settlement, education, recreation and employment.
These are part time, non-union contract positions scheduled to work 17.5 hours per week
<< >> << >> << >> << >> << >> << >> << >>
- Deliver support to Government Assisted Refugee youth and their families between the ages 16 and 24 in the community through the first 12 to 18 months following their arrival in Canada.
- Conducts needs assessments for youth, provides information and referral to educational institutions, recreational programs, youth specific services, community centres, volunteer programs, etc.
- Assist community partners with afterschool programs such as health and recreational programs, ESL and homework help.
- Organizes youth related group information sessions on employment, the education system, settlement and immigration, youth mentorship program, leadership training.
- Provides youth with employment assistance and referral to employment services.
- Recruits youth to participate on a Youth Advisory Committee. Input from this committee will be utilized in programming activities.
- Liaises with community agencies in the areas where youth are living to bridge services to meet the needs of this population.
- Provides counselling and referrals based on the needs of the youth (life skills, crisis intervention, telephone support)
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual service and statistical reports according to the program and funder requirements
- Evaluates the program on an on-going basis and recommends service delivery changes based on evaluation
- Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- One (1) year of experience providing settlement services to youth at risk.
- One (1) year of experience working with refugees, forced migrants, survivors of torture, persecution, war or abuse.
- Must be fluent in Arabic.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specific issues facing immigrants and refugee youth
- Previous case management experience.
- Knowledge of the educational system, recreational programs and youth-related services.
- Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills
- Access to a car would be an asset
LOCATION: Mississauga, Square One area
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $24.33 to $26.19 per hour
DURATION: October 31, 2016 to August 26, 2017
POSTING DATE: October 7, 2016
CLOSING DATE: October 21, 2016
If you are interested, please quote Reference #87-16
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Email: or Fax: 416-658-8537
“We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.”
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.