We're looking for enthusiastic volunteer educators to join the Fraser River Discovery Centre (FRDC)! We offer education programs to school groups, from grades K to 12. You'll engage with learners of all ages and help inspire stewards of the river through our interactive programs. You’ll also be part of the education team, who work together to evaluate programs, adjust in response to feedback, and develop new programs that align with the BC curriculum.
This volunteer position is ideal for a retired educator, a post-secondary student interested in becoming a teacher, or someone passionate about science communication and environmental education!
• Minimum 8 hours per week during the school year.
• Please commit to at least one year of consistent volunteering.
• Regular check-ins with Education Manager.
• Deliver FRDC school programs in a fun and engaging manner.
• Facilitate activities for children, including birthday parties.
• Engage visitors in the discovery of the Fraser River through interpretation of the Centre’s exhibits.
• Maintain the FRDC’s high standard of professional educational and public programming and customer service.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Self-driven and innovative.
• Demonstrated experiencing working with youth.
• Long-term interest in education.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Confident presentation and public speaking skills.
• Ability to develop rapport with learners of all ages.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Collaborative team member.
Nice to have:
• Experience with classroom management.
• Understanding of BC curriculum.
• Experience developing learning activities
• Email resume to .
• We encourage people of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities to apply.
Why should you volunteer for this opportunity?
• Work with experienced education staff and like-minded volunteers.
• Learn about the Fraser River through training and development opportunities.
• Complimentary admission to the Centre and other discounts and perks.
• Email resume to .
• Ongoing training opportunities and invitations to special volunteer events.
• Enhance your resume!
• Explore teaching and instruction as a career path.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links displayed within the posting will take you to external sites where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!